1. Adams, D. B. The conspecific defense modulator. Am. Zool. 17: 927, 1977.
2. Adams, D. B. The relation of scent-marking, olfactory investigation, and specific postures in the isolation-induced fighting of rats. Behaviour 56: 286-297, 1976.
3. Adams, D. B. and W. H. Severini. Visual pathways that guide pain-induced defensive boxing in rats. Bull. Psychon. Soc. 10: 268, 1977.
4. Bugbee, N. M. and B. S. Eichelman. Sensory alterations and aggressive behavior in the rat. Physiol. Behav. 8: 981-985, 1972.
6. Flory, P. R., E. Ulrich and P. C. Wolff. The effects of visual impairment on aggressive behavior. Psycho[ Rec. 15: 185-190, 1965.
7. Konig, J. F. R. and R. A. Klippel. The Rat Brain. Baltimore: Williams and Wilkins, 1963.
8. Lehman, M. N. and D. B. Adams. A statistical and motivational analysis of the social behaviors of the male laboratory rat. Behaviour 61: 238-275, 1977.
9. Pellegrino, L. and A. J. Cushman. A Stereotaxic Atlas of the Rat Brain. New York: Appleton-Century-Crofts, 1967.
10. Pond, F. J., H. M. Sinnamon and D. B. Adams. Single unit recording in the midbrain of rats during shock-elicited fighting behavior. Brain Res. 120: 469-485, 1977.
11. Powell, D. A., J. Francis, M. J. Braman and N. Scheiderman. Frequency of attack in shock -elicited aggression as a function of the performance of individual rats. J. exp. Analysis Behav. 12: 817-823, 1969.
12. Siegel, S. Nonparametric Methods for the Behavioral Sciences. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1956.
13. Smith, R. L. The ascending fiber projections from the principal sensory trigeminal nucleus in the rat. J. comp. Neurol. 148: 423-440, 1973.
14. Thor, D. H., W. B. Ghiselli and D. C. Lambelet. Sensory control of shock-elicited fighting in rats. Physiol. Behav. 13: 683- 686, 1974.
15. Thor, D. H. and W. B. Ghiselli. Vibrissal anesthesia and suppression of irritable fighting in rats: A temporary duration of effect in experienced fighters. Physiol. Psychol. 3: 1-3, 1975.
16. Tinbergen, N. The Study of Instinct. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1951.